If you are coming to Reading Station by train and want to continue your journey by bus, a PLUSBUS ticket may save you money. PLUSBUS tickets can be used on the bus to the station if bought in advance but cannot be purchased on the bus.
Adult day: £3.40 (Child £1.70, Railcard holder £2,25);
Season tickets: 7-day £15, month £57, three months £155, year £565 (subject to alteration). Child fares: half adult season ticket fares).
Tickets are valid from Reading Station on services operated by Reading Buses to any point within the urban area, (Lion 4/X4 as far as Loddon Bridge, Leopard 3, 3b and 10 and Greenwave as far as Shinfield Park) and Courtney Buses 128/129 to any point within the urban area. A Reading PLUSBUS ticket is valid on routes which operate 24 hours such as the Claret 21. They are not valid on football/rugby specials or Park & Ride services.
You can buy PLUSBUS at:
- Any train station ticket office
- Any rail ticket retaining website
- By phone through train company telesales teams
- Appointed travel agents of National Rail
- Self-service ticket machines (at some stations only)
- By phone from Great Western Railway on 0345 7000 125 (tickets will be posted to you, please allow up to 5 working days for delivery)
Please visit the PLUSBUS website for further information on this service.