Bikeability Level 3 Training for Adults - 30th August 2019
Time: 10am-4pm (please bring a packed lunch)
Date: Thursday, 29th August 2019
Venue: The Bike Lodge, Floreat Montague Park Primary School, William Heelas Way, Wokingham, RG40 1BG. (Go right to the end of William Heelas Way and the school is on the left).
Cost: The course costs £10.00 please bring a packed lunch.
This course is for adults who can already ride a bike competently on quiet roads but want to increase their confidence on busier roads and learn how to cycle safely in traffic.
You can probably already ride several miles, you have a knowledge of the Highway Code and understand priorities (as you may drive a car as well as cycle.) However, do you know where to position yourself on the road when you are cycling and do you communicate effectively with other road users to keep yourself safe?
A Bikeability Level 3 Course includes the following elements:
- How to ride assertively
- Maintain suitable riding positions
- Pass queuing traffic
- Use junctions controlled by traffic lights
- Use multi-lane roads and roundabouts
- Use cycle infrastructure and bus lanes (if present)
- Cooperate with and respect other road users
- Negotiate vehicles that pull in ahead
- Ride with other cyclists
- Ride on roads with a speed limit above 30 mph
Book a place
Please contact us to book a place and we will send you an application form.