Travelling by Car
What is Car Sharing?
Car sharing is where two or more people share an ad-hoc or regular car journey, reducing the number of cars (and empty seats!) on local roads.
Sharers can take it in turns to drive, or one person could always drive and the other(s) always be the passenger(s), so you don’t need your own vehicle to participate.
Car Sharing Benefits
- Half price petrol - halve your fuel and running costs and share car parking charges. A typical car sharer saves around £900 per annum!
- Fewer cars on the road - if everyone driving alone in Wokingham shared their vehicle just one or two days a week then traffic levels during term times would be like those during the school holidays (based on count data at various locations on the A329)
- Reduce parking pressures - less demand for car parking can ease pressures and time spent trying to find a space
- Cut CO2- less CO2 and other emissions locally will make Wokingham an even better place to live and to do business
- Help others travel - meet likeminded people making similar journeys to you and help your colleagues/community
Find someone to Car Share with
Any member of the public who travels to, from or within the Wokingham area can sign up to the free scheme to find others travelling the same way as them. Enter your journey details and see who's waiting to car share with you at Wokingham Lift Share.
Some businesses or business parks provide sub-groups that are only open to their own employees. If you are a local business interested in setting up a private employer car sharing group within Wokingham then please contact us to find out more.